COMD 4900 Internship Blog 3

This week at Faculty Commonsjust like last week, I also have been engaging in more of an overseeing position. Every senior designer on the team has been assigned a specific intern to work with and check in weekly to mentor. Rather than receiving my own project to work on, my mentee received a project. She was tasked to update an already designed poster for the honors scholars program’s 23rd research mixer.

Since the poster was already designed we pulled it from our database of designs for the intern to work on. We used to keep our designs stored on a computer with a backup, but we have transitioned to using dropbox since the quarantine. I told the intern where to look to retrieve the file to start working on it using the info given in the clients email. After doing some work she sent me and the client a draft. 

In her client email, she communicated well introducing herself and requesting to meet on zoom as we had trained the new interns to do. During the meeting I joined her as her and the client discussed deadlines and expectations. After the meeting I gave her feedback on the questions she asked the client as well as on the draft she showed me. Moving forward she finished the update in under two days and the client was satisfied with the response time and final product.