Learning Self-Analysis
Upon entering the BSN program I thought that it wouldn’t be as difficult as the associates program because it was made to cater to RN’s who already have their licenses and were working. I was full time for the entire program and I was already well round from the intense clinical course work from the associate program. Beingin thi BSN program has overall taught me the leadership and management skills needed as a RN. In my first semester, I taught to master the ins and outs of assessing a patient physically, which is important in my work area. Especially because I have to perform a head to toe assessment for every patient upon their admission.
The second and third semesters showed me the leadership aspect of being a nurse manager and charge nurse. Things like delegation and knowing how to manipulate different situations as a nurse manager or charge nurse should was the main focus. I was given insight about the practices of insurance companies and the community health problems that are ravishing my neighborhood. I also learned better communication skills and how to convey my points in debates and review information from research studies about the profession.
In my final semester, I have learned about the importance of the health of the public and its future needs. I believe this will be part of my future career. The BSN program also entails current problems faced on an ongoing basis by nurses in the nursing profession, which will also be problem my problem and others if our profession doesn’t stand together to implement change from administration. The BSN program is very current with what is going on in the public today and I am very happy to have learned about ways to impact the society positively with my new career.