Learning Self-Analysis

The Baccalaureate program has been very influential in my nursing career and a valuable pursuit that I am exceptionally satisfied with. I am grateful for the various opportunities I was given that I could not have gotten had I not pursued the attainment of a higher degree. I feel like I come out a much more knowledgeable nurse from the program and I have learned to be more vigilant and patient when working with the community and clients. I have grown my nursing expertise beyond the technical nursing aspects. I was able to shadow a nursing manager and learn effective management strategies. I was exposed to more urban areas and the health diaspora of those populations. I learned to develop teaching plans for the community and have learned more effective communication skills. I have also grown my network of fellow nurses and staff at facilities that I was assigned to. I was exposed to many cultures and different neighborhoods which is very valuable for the registered nurse. Cultural competence, patience, management skills, and research techniques and habits are just some of the tools I leave the Baccalaureate program with. I was also exposed to many different academic journals and articles for my papers and various research studies I would not have pursued on my own had I not taken the baccalaureate classes. I learned skills such as speaking and presenting. I am happy to say that I leave New York City College of Technology with a plethora of valuable skills and knowledge that I will utilize effectively throughout my life and nursing career.