DOCUMENTATION

10 thoughts on “DOCUMENTATION”

1. The group searched on Google.com to find City Tech activities and found a page with all the activities from City Tech Student Life and Government. We opened the students’ club page and viewed the clubs currently available for students. We divided the clubs between us, with each of us deciding to visit each club and ask for information about the specific clubs.

1. I went through some of the places the groups noted on the citytech website where they are usually meet, but no one was because these meeting takes place in regular classroom when classes are not in session. I didn’t know that, I thought each club’s had their own little office where students could find some of the club members in case students want to get information or want to join the club. while I was running around I notice one of the flier of the Math club, it stated the day and time that they meet which they meet once a week in the some classroom every Thursday from 12:45pm to 2:00pm in N719. It was quite an adventure because i had to go up and down the stairs and getting the information that I needed.

1. Today i visited the music club, some of the music club members and i talked about how they can use our website to post their activities and events because they are current using fliers and posted all over the school to get their message out. so i told them about the website my teammate and i are designing in order to makes it more convenience for all the clubs at city-tech to be able to use our site to post their activities and events because it would save them a lot of times,instead of posting fliers on the wall at school. it would also save the school a lot of papers.In addition students can view the site and find any clubs they are interested in, if they want to get of information about the music club then they can go to our website. The information’s that i got from them was that their group consist of 50 plus people, including the club president Rendi Garcia, vice President Austin Rivera, secretary Mijori Goodwin the person i spoke to, and the treasurer Patrick Hauke.However, not everyone shows up when they meet because according to Mijori, she has to call their everyone of their members to let them know when they are going to meet. I said to her this is why our site would come handy because it would give them access to connect with their club members and post when and where they are holding their meeting without having to call every member of the group.

2. I had the opportunity to speak with a representative at the office of Student Life and Development. She informed me that all school clubs must first come to the office of Student Life and Development to have their events and programs approved. Once they receive the stamp of approval, they may then post flyers advertising the event. Because all the clubs must go through them first, this office would be a great resource for our site to gain information about upcoming events. Presently there does not seem to be a system in place where info about all events can be found, not even in the SLD office.

3. We researched the Brooklyn College website and found that they a have a more concise way of advertising the events and activities on their campus. Their events page is broken down by category: Academic, Athletic,

4. Today, Rodine and I went to the general building 5th floor to speak with the people from Student Life and Development. It was an interesting visit because the people in that room were rude. We, soldier on and ask the information we need about how to obtain 8 dollars ticket to the movies. They give us a brochure of all their theaters and how many tickets a person can buy. To conclude, a person can buy 4 ticket a day and can go to 11 AMC theaters and 12 Regal Entertainment Group theaters in NYC at any time.

5. The past two weeks I’ve searching information about the fitness and recreation programs in NYCCT. I had the opportunity to talk with Brenda Alexander, the Interim Director of Athletics and Recreation. I took pictures of students exercising and playing. Also I collect information of how students can join the athletics and recreation clubs.

1. I visited other colleges website so that I can compare their webpage with city tech webpage to see what they do differently to organize their clubs activities and events. The colleges that I looked up were York and City college. In result I they do something similar with their clubs schedules, which they posted the club president email address in case one would like to contact them for information’s about their clubs activities, the also posted a brief description student needs in order to be part to the clubs. which include a $10 fee, 2.00 GPA for undergrad and 3.00 GPA for graduate student. whereas at City tech they just posted list of all the clubs and the room numbers that they meet, without any contact information.

6. Today, I went through google.com looking for the perfect header to all the pages because I felt like we were missing some colors. I found like 2 other pictures from student life and development and I think they did the job.