Learning Self-Analysis

Currently in nursing, there is an ongoing debate to enforce BSN in 10, among many other issues. Some nurses are against this goal, while others fully support it.  I personally would encourage any nurse or upcoming nursing student to pursue a baccalaureate degree.  I fully acknowledge that attaining my associate degree has definitely equipped me with the knowledge and critical thinking that is required to perform task- oriented skills in nursing.

Over the course of pursing my baccalaureate degree in nursing, I have gained knowledge in so many areas that will allow me to fully execute my roles and responsibilities as a professional registered nurse. I now fully understand what it takes to be a well- rounded nurse as it has great importance and influence on the healthcare environment.  Gaining insight and possessing skills about leadership, management, research, and issues in nursing enables me to prepare for higher positions in nursing. Exploring areas of nursing outside the hospital allows me to see the bigger picture. Nurses are needed in all settings to provide optimal care and support to all patients in need, regardless their age, sex, religion, culture, and/or lifestyle.

As I am enter my last semester within the RN- BSN program at New York City College of Technology, I will forever remain grateful for the faculty involved in showing me that your destiny in nursing can evolve over time.  In conclusion, how can one ever feel like an efficient contributor in nursing, if we do not broaden our horizon?