Sample Cover Letter

Micaela Mann

10567 Avenue M

Brooklyn, New York 11236

718- 968-8448

Micaela.mann@mail.citytech.cuny.edu

Ms. Lillian Chamber

Nurse Administrator

1948 Riverdale Avenue

Cincinnati, Ohio 45249

Re: Staff RN, Outpatient Chemotherapy Dept.

Dear Ms. Chamber:

I am pleased to learn about the open position for a staff registered nurse in the outpatient chemotherapy department at St. Martin’s Medical Center of Oncology. I am interested in becoming a member of the outpatient chemotherapy department at this highly regarded hospital. I am currently enrolled in the RN- BSN program at New York City College of Technology. I will complete this program in December 2012. This program has equipped me with the knowledge needed to enhance my critical thinking and clinical decision skills.

I am currently employed at Infusion Options Inc., an agency that provides intravenous therapy services to clients within their place of residence. My experience at this agency has provided a pathway for me to further develop my skills while working within the community.  I am highly competent with various intravenous access devices and medication. I have gained expertise in inserting, maintaining, and managing complications of peripheral IV, peripherally inserted central catheters, chest ports, and midline catheters. I am continuously teaching clients and caregivers about the mechanism of medications along with the side effects and adverse reactions. I am also culturally competent as the work environment consists of a wide diversity of clients. As a result, I am well versed in interpreting and communicating with clients of different cultures, religions, and lifestyles as it relates to their health condition and treatment. Lastly, I am continuously communicating with interdisciplinary healthcare staff to ensure effective deliver of holistic care to the client.

In addition to my experience as a registered nurse, I am computer proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. I am confident that I can offer this department an addition to the staff that is able to collaborate with the healthcare team to providing optimum care to all clients while exercising all the roles of a nurse. I look forward to learning more about this opportunity.

Respectfully Yours,

Micaela Mann, RN

Enclosure: Resume