Final Reflection

Paola Ramirez
May 14, 2021
ENG 1121
Prof Cipriani

Final Reflection

It is the last few weeks of this class and I have to say I had fun and I learned a lot during the time I was here in my English class. One of the things that I have to work on is proofread. I know I barely re-read what I write since there’s a lot more than I have to do, but it’s something that I need to keep in mind. When it came to most of the projects at first I was worried I didn’t know what to write at times, and I thought I need more time. In the end, I found a way to put things together.
Unit 1 was something that I found okay. I didn’t think that it was hard since I need to write a letter to the discourse community that I picked. I choose to write about animals since it’s one of my favorite things about this world. I ended up writing a letter to someone important so that they will be able to see why these animals need help. Since around the world, some animals need help, even if people don’t know about it yet. Animals worldwide are in danger not just because of us, but also of global warming. I ended up explaining in my letter how these animals should be saved, and what we can do to prevent it from happening. I wrote that we need to help shelters that had animals who have been chased from their homes or who need help from something that we have caused. There were wild animals that have been hunted leaving the parent of a baby behind. Most hunters leave to take it as a bonus and sell them to people who want a wild animal as a pet, but they end up dying since they don’t know what a wild animal needs. I learned from this that not many people give animals somewhat of a chance since there are people who believe that they don’t need help since they are wild, but from what I read and see there are times when animals ask people for help since they know that they need it. It was a great experience for me since I can’t remember the time when I sat down and wrote a letter. At first, I found it a little difficult since I didn’t know how to start, but somehow I manage to pull through and wrote my letter.
Then, unit 2 was annotated biographies I found this project interesting because I need to write about racial discrimination which is one of the things we are facing today. It is hard to believe that people still act the way they are. Rather than giving people of color a chance, they see them as people with low standards. I ended up writing about the three things that I found on the internet. One was about a video, the second one was about an article and the last one was about a blog. Each of these three things showed me a different perspective on what others thought about racial discrimination. The video was the one I found most engaging because that video gave me three different perspectives on what other people had experienced. They ended up calling the human rights commission to complain about their problems. The human rights commission is are people who will answer calls if there have been any problems in racial discrimination and will do what they can to prevent it from happening again. It was a good way for me to know more about racial discrimination, I know there is more that I don’t know, but it was a good experience for me to know more about what other people were going through.
Lastly, in unit 3 the multimodal project this one was something different I found it a little bit surprising that there were different types of multimodal projects I could have done, but I choose the simple one which was the poster. I made the poster based on the annotated biography on racial discrimination. I made my poster to show people that there is more to a person than the color based on their skin. I ended up putting people who are white protesting for the people of color since there are people who support their cause, and they will make sure that they aren’t alone. Some people support this cause because they know that it just isn’t right for people who are different from them to be afraid of even stepping outside. I found this unit engaging even tho it was something simple, I made it so that it is possible for others to see that there can be more to people than the color of their skin.
I found this semester enjoyable it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. When it came to the beginning I was ready to see what types of writing will I learn and if it will be difficult or not. I found most of my projects rather enjoyable, I didn’t have a problem with most of what I had to do except to re-read since I rarely do that. In the last days of the semester, I’m doing what I can to meet my requirements for this class. I’ll do what I can to get a good grade and at least try my best for my other classes. Since I know there going to be times when I forget what I learned, I’m going to make sure that I remember what I learned during my times in my class,