Professor Kate Poirier | D071 | Fall 2023

Introducing Charlotte

Hey there,

I’m Qing Chen, but you can call me Charlotte. I’m currently pursuing a major in Mathematics Education. The beauty of mathematical concepts and their real-world applications captivates me every day.

After I graduate from CityTech, my short-term goal is to become an engaging and humorous math teacher who can make even the most complex concepts feel like a piece of cake. In the long run, I aspire to contribute to math education innovations and inspire the next generation of math enthusiasts.

Beyond math, I have a spicy side – literally! I eat spicy food with every meal; it’s a culinary adventure I thoroughly enjoy. One thing I excel at is making math relatable and fun for others. However, if there’s one thing I’m not great at, it’s resisting the temptation of new math challenges.

Now, for an interesting fact about me: I have an unusual fascination with patterns in nature, which often ties back to my love for math. And for a less exciting detail, my favorite book is Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, and I can’t resist the charm of dogs, making them my favorite animals.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

1. Phoebe Narcisse

Hey Charlotte,

It’s really impressive that you want to become a math teacher and make math fun for others! Also, just like you I love spicy food. I think it is honestly the best!