Professor Kate Poirier | D071 | Fall 2023

Introducing Joanna Quizhpe

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Joanna Quizhpe, majoring in Mechanical Engineering in City tech, this is my junior year, have one more year to go. i don’t got a special name I like to be called I just go by Joanna. I was born and raised in Sunnyside, Queens where my ethnicity is Ecuador. I prefer to be go by she/her. Since I’m Currently majoring in Mechanical Engineering, were I’m obtaining experience through an internship I been doing in CUNY building performance lab were their main focus is on improving efficiency and optimizing building operations through continuing education programs for facility managers, building operators, and energy professionals. I been working on trend charts as well as developing excels sheets for BRT savings calculator. Since I have some view of my major, I would love to work within my field, where I’m able to develop and design after graduation. One of my hobbies I do is draw and write as well play soccer. I was once in a soccer team playing Defense, was one of my favorite sports as well as volleyball but soccer has to be my top one. Well that’s a little bit about myself, I would love to get to know everyone.

1. Qing Chen(Charlotte)

Same as you, I love drawing. What kind of drawing do you do?