Clinical skills

Here are the skills that I have obtained with the help of wonderful faculty guidance and previous employment practice. All of these skills will help me  to make a meaningful impact and achieve success in my dental hygiene career

• Blood Pressure Screenings
  • Oral Cancer Screenings (Extraoral and Intraoral)
  • Evaluating and Documenting patients before treatment
  • Periodontal Dental Charting and accurate probing skills
  • Identifying Attrition, Abrasion, Abfraction, and Erosion
  • Radiographic Techniques (Intraoral and Panoramic)
  • PI/ Oral Hygiene Instruction for Prevention of Carious Lesions
  • Scaling & Root Planning with Various Hand Instruments and Ultrasonics
  • Local Anesthesia Administration
  • Nitrous Oxide Administration
  • Administration of Oraqix
  • Engine polishing
  • Fluoride Application (Gel trays and varnish)
  • Sealant Placement using Rubber Dam or Cotton Roll isolation
  • Alginate impressions
  • Whitening tray

During my internship in the dental hygiene clinic, I acquired and refined a range of clinical skills that are integral to providing comprehensive oral care to patients. One crucial aspect of my training involved administering local anesthesia and nitrous oxide sedation, which are essential for pain management and anxiety control during dental procedures. I developed proficiency in applying dental sealants to protect teeth from decay, as well as taking accurate impressions for various dental restorations. Additionally, I gained experience in the placement of Arestin, a medication used to treat periodontal disease by targeting infection-causing bacteria in periodontal pockets. Through hands-on practice under supervision, I honed my ability to perform these procedures safely and effectively, ensuring optimal patient comfort and treatment outcomes. These clinical skills are fundamental to my role as a dental hygienist, allowing me to deliver high-quality care and contribute to the overall oral health of my patients.