Introduction

Hey everyone, my name is Deshira! I’m currently a Nursing major here at City tech. The pronouns that I go by are her/she.  I come from a traditional Albanian household. I came to America when I was three years old, and been living in Brooklyn practically my whole life. On my free time, I like going to the gym, watching movies, spending time with family and friends, shopping etc.  I really enjoy going to school in  person because I like interacting with people, and the overall experience of being in school. Ever since I was younger, I preferred being taught in person rather than online so once the pandemic hit, it was very difficult for me to adapt to the new learning strategies. Ive never really been good with technology either which made my online learning experience worse. After all this time, I feel like I finally got used to this new system, but I can’t wait to go back to school in person.

The Paradigm | Mother painting, Mother daughter art, Mothers day drawings

The most important and meaningful thing to me is my mom. This picture is not a picture of me and my mom, but it demonstrates an image of a mother and her daughter holding hands. Im really grateful for my mom and the relationship we share. She is my biggest supporter and pushes me to move forward in life and succeed. Not only is she a mother to me, but a best friend, and I am very thankful to have her in my life.

1. Daniella Santangelo

Hey Deshira! I also love shopping, going shopping and going to the gym. I do miss the in person classes because it is definitely not the same with interacting with people online.