Baccalaureate degree in Nursing self analysis

My learning experience within the baccalaureate program has improved my nursing practice because it gives me a broader view of nursing. I have learned many ways to improve communities with an urban platform. The nursing program has encouraged me to advocate for patients, family as well as communities to improve health and well-being. Another major learning experience had been various ways to conduct research to bring about evidenced based practices; which can be used for future generation nurses. Research is paramount within the nursing profession because it maintains our quality within the health care system. Professional nursing practice taught me it is very important for nurses to strive to be in the process of policy making to represent our needs and wants for a healthy community as well as society.

I have grown to be more confident and open-minded due to the learning experience within the baccalaureate nursing program. The program has taught me to be a lifelong self -learner because the nursing profession is constantly evolving and what is expected of us is always increasing. I have also grown to be a better collaborator and communicator with colleagues and other professions to improve the psychosocial and physiological health of patients. I have learned that we as nurses will bring different viewpoints about a single topic and as a professional nurse I must embrace all ideas in a proficient manner. Communication and behavior is nursing had been an elective I took in summer; which a short session, but I learned that communication with colleagues and patients requires skill and practice to master; with the use of assertiveness and being culturally competent to have a well outcome.

I have learned and grown profoundly throughout the program because of role modeling and certain professors having a passion for the nursing practice but more so for teaching the nursing practice to new graduate nurses and experienced nurses alike. It was a pleasure to be a part of New York City College of Technology’s Baccalaureate nursing program.