My Nursing Phylosophy

The profession of nursing has two essential elements, science and the art of caring. These two elements are able to promote and ensure a high quality of care. My philosophy of nursing is to provide an individualized service to each patient and family despite their race and ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or any other personal description. I believe that each nursing service given must integrate evidence base practice, scientific research, and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. This conjunction within each nursing service can ensure an efficient care, meeting each uncover need and promote beneficial outcomes of each patient and family being treated. In addition, as a nurse, I also believe that it is my duty within the art of caring to offer a compassionate, respectful, culturally appropriate, supportive, educational and patient-centered environment for each person under my care. Moreover, through a therapeutic communication and empathy, I need to provide a holistic care that will preserve the mind, body and spirit wellness of each individual. Finally but not least, the combination of the two elements in nursing, science and the art of caring allow me to advocate for my patient, which will support a safe atmosphere for each of them.
I think that every philosophy must include and apply the required ethical principles, especially in a society that is constantly changing. I also think that to be able to reinforce an outstanding care I have to continue and encourage my education and professional growth, which will allow me to assist other, as new conditions evolve, in conjunction with the qualities of the art of caring. Nursing is not just a profession; it is also a vocation of a desired to help others in need.