On Friday we started the first of many drawings,of the federal hall plans. Using different line types we essentially divided the main rectangular form into subsections that will form the different rooms and areas of the building. Using center-lines (line and dot) we divided the rectangle in half horizontally and also drew a center-line down vertically for the circle. Using grid lines(line and dash) we marked the center of the peers, surrounding the outside wall. Lastly we learned how to use an adjustable triangle. After doing some quick math, we used the triangle to give us 15 degree angles around the circle. I’ve always known how to draw. But there is a level of precision, detail, and most of all structure that differentiates artists from architects. Line weight and thickness matters. Therefore it pencil should always be sharp. The consistency of my grid and center-line makes a difference. Obviously the precision of my scales measurements and how to properly layout the measurements so that it does not interfere with my model or drawing. All these little details will definitely make the difference between B level work and A level work.