When I was advised to pick an elective class, I was a excited to come a across one of my most admired professors.  A professor that has a perfect reputation for his eloquent way of teaching and providing unlimited access to information needed to help achieve the terms desired grade and goal. I was convinced that the class was strictly architecturally related, and I thought that my skills to provide a descent assignment that is architecturally related were honed during this last period of my  education.  My perception about the class changed after learning the nature of the course the very first week. I learned that the class will consist of another professor with a different background and the focus was much broader then the technicality of architecture. Well Professor Philips was her named, and she turned out to be not too different from professor Montgomery. Both professors were again very committed to the course and 100 percent opened to again, provide unlimited information to what appeared to be a challenging class.  The class were provided with different tools and strategic ways to tackle ‘Research’ that was originally broad and then eventually narrowed down to a much specific focus. The class became especially interesting when we were enlightened about the ‘redevelopment of societies,’ a field that I am very passionate about. We were giving the opportunities to not just  view redevelopment from a our perspective, but from those that are really affected by it the most, the “local residents and business owners.” My approach to design and development is more empathetic now, as the class has opened my conscious senses. When redeveloping a neighborhood, the local residents, business owners and history must be protected.