Wednesday’s tour through Metrotech center was extremely informative and at the same time interesting. Taking a look at the different building structures around the metrotech area had me really thinking in depth about the importance of historical buildings, and the vast change in the architecture of buildings in Downtown Brooklyn. The most interesting of the buildings in my opinion was the Offerman building on Albee Square. The building design was quite marvelous and extravagant. The patterns and materials used to build the building were really beautiful. If I had passed by this building on a regular day, I would’ve never thought to stop and embrace the beauty of this design. The Offerman building in contrast to the tall newer building directly across the street were extremely different in structure. With the Offerman building it is clear that both artists and architects worked together in order to design the beautiful arches. With the newer residential building it looks pretty dull, there aren’t really any unique artistic designs.

My partner and I used the last portion of the class to gather pictures and notes on the Metrotech area. I went around and took various pictures of buildings, and areas that stood out to me. My partner Basant took voice memos of our observations of the surrounding area. When we came together we discussed the different building structures mainly the mixed-use buildings around the Metrotech center.