Doing this project allowed me to learn more about my area than what I knew before. This allowed me to be more observant of my surroundings and gave me knowledge that I didn’t know before. The project showed me new websites that I never knew existed. Using these websites, it helped me expand my knowledge as to what other features each site have and what areas looked like back in the day. This exercise allowed me to express my neighborhood and to show people what it is like around my area. It also allowed me to learn about other parts of NYC from my classmates. Seeing the different areas that I would’ve never gone to, gave me a small information about the history of the area and what the demographic is like in the specific neighborhood. 

I feel like this exercise allowed me to get a little bit more comfortable in what we are going to do for this semester. It helped find certain things that I should’ve paid attention to more. It also gave me the confidence that I need to talk into a phone and record my surroundings without letting strangers bother me. This exercise was a good way to get out of my comfort zone.

Updated presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1OxwE5NlG9Q1EtgJ7ViQUeI-Zfh_IAYN-6U3LsVeOMuA/edit?usp=sharing