Learning Blog

During my experience in Graphic Communication Workshop course I went on a trip to the AIGA. At that time I had no idea what AIGA was and what they stood for. It had to be the most informative and fun trip I have been on in years. I learned about how protective the AIGA organization with all their members, being a new member or not they support all their members. AIGA gives their members the support and help they need to become successful. Not to mention all the benefits they give if you are a student member, if you become a student member you allowed access to their library with plenty of art and design books. The possibility of meeting with a successful professional designer and list of possible place hiring interns all around New York City.

Not only are they supportive about the art and design field, but also the architecture field and plenty of others. The AIGA building is a perfect example of their interest in architecture. I’m not an architecture but I can if a building has amazing character or not.

There is history in this building but also in the members that give this organization. Stefan Sagmeister is a well known artist, but isn’t well known for only being a great graphic designer. But for him creating posters and designs that are heavy topics. One example of his work me and my class saw was a poster with his head chopped off. I thought that the work was very well done for how it was, I was not judging it on my morals but how well constructed it was. I should have expected that from the members of the AIGA.