14 thoughts on “Day3 6/4/2019

1. The most interesting technology news to me is the newest cars that have been designed and improved over the previous models if they already had a base. It is somewhat related measurement since precise parts are necessary for the car to function properly.

2. The most interesting scientific /technology news in my life was the supersonic rocket designed by the Russian that can travel in very high speed and reach it target accurately before it can be detected and destroyed.

3. The most recent interesting news that i had found was an article on how businesses are using robots on the assembly line. Most companies feel that by using robots will help improve production of materials, giving manufactures a competitive advantage over other companies. This would also keep their employees more safe from work related injuries during the production process.

4. Ultrasonic sensor. Its very interesting since it can be applied in different ways like self-driving cars. It can be used to measure distance and by a corresponding code it can create a respond.

5. The most interesting technology news in my life so far is how solar panel and solar energy works. The idea of using something that is available everyday and seemingly one of the most common thing we have in the world as an energy source. It is related to measurement because the amount of energy/power it produces needs to be able to provide sufficient power for consumption.

6. Over the news this morning, I learned Apple has released their new Apple watch OS6. It was interesting to me that the new watch will be able to keep track of the noise level around you and if its too high for your hearing health. They are also adding a more extensive period tracker for females. You can now be notified straight to your watch when your cycle will begin.

7. One of the most interesting scientific news in my life was AI. Most so when google came out with facial recognition. it identifies a person using their digital image or patterns of their facial features. it has increase in reliability and accuracy. it has become so advanced that Facebook has a program that identifies people in your pictures so you easily tag them

8. One very interesting scientific news that I have seen in my life is the method of 3-D printing. This method of creating parts and instruments have been growing exponentially over the past decade. The benefits of 3-D printing is to create parts that are lighter and depending on the material stronger than those that are mass created. Also, since this method can be utilized by the public, models and small scale projects are easier to be created and invented for testing or demo purposes.

9. Recently the most interesting technology news i seen recently is a couple articles of companies testing self driving trucks to transport trailers cross country in full autopilot. A self driving truck it would require a lot of instruments and measurements for it to operate safely.

10. The most interesting technology news in my life is how deep sea robots are being used to map the world’s ocean within 48 hours instead of a crew. These deep sea robot used sonar underwater to determine depth water and a cloud based system. Also, to uncover new species or material that humans have not found and its can go under 6.4 miles below the surface.

11. The most interesting scientific news I have recently learnt about is artificial intelligence. AI has applications in almost every industry, from motor vehicles to service jobs. What’s interesting to me is the field’s lack of inclusion. It’s very important that we prevent the socioeconomic problems that AI might create.

12. The most interesting technology news to me is the ecu of cars. Basically, the brain of the car can push or limit the limits of the car and the most expensive aftermarket ecu’s can cost more than some cars.

13. The most interesting thing I have learned about recently is Artificial intelligence.AI has applications in all industries, but what stood out to me is the socioeconomic problems it might create.At the forefront of the industries, there is not much inclusion. As such there has been efforts made to make sure there are opportunities for all in this new industry.

14. I feel like the most interesting technology news in my life is actually a tie between the infrastructure of a subway system in one city, and how 3D printers are evolving rapidly. With the first response, each city has their own landscape and level to hold both an elevated structure and underground. Every year there’s different plans to extend a system, but because of the high cost, it would have to be approved and funded by the city first. With 3D printers, you can print something out and make it come to life. It does take a long time to print out before the final product is done, but it’s worth a look when the object is done printing.