About Me

michael
Photo taken by a fellow photography student

Hello, my name is Michael Desmangles and I am a Communication Design major at New York City College of Technology. My module and focus will primarily be in graphic design and illustration. My main goal is to become a theater centric graphic designer. I want to create playbills, magazine spreads, logos, and websites for theater companies. I have knowledge on HTML and CSS and some basic understanding of python and C coding for web design. I also am proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Animate. I’ve worked on and studied photography as well.  I also have an extensive background in theater and theater production.

I love theater and I also love design so I wanted to find a way to combine the two so I can  thrive in both. I used to be a theater major in high school and it was always something that I was interested in, however when I came to college I understood there were different sides to theater production that have nothing to do with what’s happening on stage. So creating ads and endorsing these productions to the general public is something I want to do with my life. Graphic design and illustration are the best avenues for me to help the theater community thrive.