- Simplifying square roots (3:08) and cannot be simplified.
- Simplifying square roots of fractions (4:40)
- Simplifying square roots
- Simplifying sums of radicals (4:41) He uses the correct rather than the (false) . Hooray!
- Simplifying differences of radicals (5:45) In this video he correctly remarks that “If , there’s no need for the .”
- Simplifying square root expressions (with no variables)
- Introduction to rationalizing the denominator (10:17) [Example 1]
[Example 3] Sal shows why multiplying by doesn’t help and why multiplying by does — difference of squares!