– 5 Challenges for Personal Narrative essay

Marijo Alves

September 10, 2014

English 1101 section D309

Narrative essay

List of five challenges I went through

1. Being a girl on the boys wrestling team
  2. Moving on a new block
  3. Controlling my temper
  4. Not being able to get what I want/ Not being financially stable
  5. Living in a confused world – Why sell cigarettes if the kill you? Why does society put women down?

1. I am a female who was on the boys varsity wrestling team, there was only two of us my best friend and I, it was difficult to even get a match nobody wanted to lose to a female of demolish one.

1. My house was perfect isolated from everyone until we lost it, Mommy couldn’t afford it anymore and more family members were being added to still live in the house that was becoming too small. We moved in a building… the projects all the kids were mean to us but my mother already raised us to be aggressive when we had to we had many battles to fight i even got jumped for the first time ever in my life.

1.  Its easy for me to get angry too angry, i can’t yell for very long I just attack.  I got put in anger management for a couple of years but that didn’t do me any justice.

1. When I can’t get what I want it makes me angry.  I would love to get on the airplane and go to every Monday night raw show to see Roman Reigns but if you lived my life you would understand why.  It great to be up one day then not know where your next meal is going to come from.  Family will say I have your back but when you really need them they’re nowhere to be found.

1.  I hate the way society built this world! Whey sell cigarettes if they kill? Why have women in this world if all you do is talk us down, Why train me to box if I can fight you outside, Why give guns if there’s people whose trigger happy? Why run when you can’t walk?  This world is so unfair and corrupt! Police system corrupt, people getting sick from things that is given to them our food is not real.

1. I am a female who was on the boys varsity wrestling team, there was only two of us my best friend and I, it was difficult to even get a match nobody wanted to lose to a female of demolish one.  When I was put out to wrestle I either got touched in very uncomfortable ways or I got slammed and attacked very aggressively.  I would constantly hear “you should just give up” from the other teams or “Her butt fat I want to wrestle her so I could touch it.” Hearing all of those things makes you want to give up but living the life I lived I never believed in giving up.  I had a passion for wrestle since I was young. Being a female on the boys team complaining about pain wasn’t an option, there was no excuses, my couch would either say suck it up or his favorite lines excuses are like noses everybody has one.