There is always room for improvement in myself. As an RN, I haven’t had experience in the hospital but I think I will stay as a community nurse because I find it more meaningful to myself that I can be a contributor to improve community health. On a professional level, even though my experiences were not specifically in patient care, I am still communicating to patients on a daily basis.

Strengths

At my work, leadership is required when I work with different teams of people to get the office running on time. I think my strength is recognizing how my teammates work best together so that we can all collaborate nicely. For example, the crew and office dynamic is different on weekends because we have more patients scheduled since the only weekend day that the office is open is Saturday, the manager is off, and we usually have both doctors in the office. Being delayed during weekend transportation is a reality for both the staff and patients so the morning hours are often more hectic than weekdays. Often times, there ends up being a team leader to guide everyone through the day and I find myself as leader most of the time.

On the other hand, my weakness is not using my time efficiently. Sometimes at the end of the day, I find myself powerworking through the last two hours to get everything done. Most of the time, I manage to not let my work get dragged out throughout the day but I am still working on improving it.