August 25 Sunday

Dear Students,

Greetings from Professor Wu, and welcome to Fall Semester 2024 ENG 1101 Section D193 at City Tech!  I am your professor and I look forward to working with you this semester.

Our first day will be Wednesday August 28. We meet on Mondays and Wednesdays at 12:00 noon to 1:40 PM in Namm Building Room 718. 

I suspect many of you are tech-savvy. That’s great! If you are still getting used to our technology, not to worry — we will build community and help each other.  In this class, we will be using Open Lab, the City Tech digital community platform.  

Here is our Open Lab site: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/lwu-eng1101d193-fa2024/

Homework, class readings, announcements and other important items will be posted on our Open Lab course website. It will be your responsibility to check the announcements daily.

Please get started and familiarize yourself with our course website.

If you can join our Open Lab course site as a member now, please do.  Click on Open Lab course site link.  You will land on the Home Page; read this page.  Then go to Let’s Get Started.  Please read the Announcements page and also read through the Syllabus.  In addition to checking Open Lab Announcements page, start now checking your City Tech email daily.  It’s very important to have your email up and running.

For help on all of these points go to the Student Resources page of this website.  Here I copy from Student Resources page:

If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at lwu@citytech.cuny.edu.

Best Wishes,
Professor Wu