Learning Self-Analysis

Nursing school was challenging but rewarding. It gave me experience that allowed me to grow as an individual and a professional. During school I have gained so much knowledge, created incredible memories, and even made lifelong friends. The AAS program focused on clinical and theory for bedside nursing. The BSN program allowed me to learn about the different fields of nursing, such as community and case management. I have learned how important strong leadership skills are in nursing. In addition, the nursing research course taught me how to properly find reliable resources to increase my knowledge. Professional nursing motivated me to educate myself on current issues in the nursing practice and identify possible solutions.

Although I have learned so much throughout nursing school, there are certain things that cannot be taught when it comes to nursing. That is just how to be human. Nurses experience moments with people that are life-changing, for better or for worse. As a nurse, I will be there. I will be the shoulder to cry on, the person to vent to, and the person to empower patients. I will take what has been learned and use this new-found power wisely to be the best nurse I can be.