Individual Strengths

Nursing is an evidence-based practice and requires life-long learning. Healthcare is an ever-changing environment and it is important to stay updated with current medical discoveries and nursing practice. I am dedicated to continuing my education and furthering my knowledge to improve the quality of care patients are provided. Being a member of American Nurses Association and Sigma Theta Tau allows me to remain up-to-date on the latest changes in nursing practice. I do plan on returning to school after obtaining my Bachelor of Science in Nursing, although I would like to increase my clinical and bedside nursing skills beforehand.

Working in the long-term care facility allowed me to increase my emotional intelligence to deliver nursing care with compassion and empathy. I am a team-player that is able to communicate appropriately with the interdisciplinary team to provide safe and effective care to patients. Nursing has been voted the most trusted profession for 18-years. It is important to build a relationship with patients and develop trust to promote honest and open communication. It is important that patients know I act with integrity and embrace my role as a caregiver and patient advocate. The healthcare setting is frightening for many, making it vital to create an environment that is comforting for patients and families.