Cover Letter

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to apply for the fashion ecommerce assistant position at Tarin Thomas, posted on indeed October 1st 2023 at 11:02am. The job description mentions being experienced in web development, excel forms and design development. While attending The New York City Of Technology and joining the 2 by 2 program provided me with both an Associates degree and Bachelor in the Business and Technology of Fashion. These four years of school not only showed me marketing, business plans and web design but also gave me the opportunity to explore different internships within the fashion world.

BUF 2255 Merchandising Planning and Buying, I use mathematical concepts such as determining customers return rates using the companies net sales, completing skeletal profit and loss statements based on net sales, gross margin and companies loss. This course would use established brands accounting numbers as samples to provide principles in financial operations of retailing while also learning basic computer simulated case situations. 

While attending BUF 3100 Trend Forecasting and Social Media, I was able to practice long short term and long term forecasting. I know how to identify silhouettes, color, fabric and textures of new product lines for the coming seasons through credible fashion based networks. While attending this class in 2021 I was able to make a two year fashion forecast for summer 2023 swimwear line in which I use knowledge of historical fashion cyclical phenomena and social media to understand the effects of change agents within social media. 

In BUF 3300 International Retailing I selected an overseas country and product in which I conducted a swot analysis that determined the products import and export value collected through secondary data. This information provided the foundation to create a website that related to the set target audience and best aligned with the company’s vision. The website was constructed on openlab in which I generated the store logo through canva logo maker and used Luna editor to clean up the logo’s imaging. When the website was fully operational I conducted a 5 minute slide presentation on brands demographics, mission statement and historical background. 

While interning for Tarin Thomas a vintage jewelry store located in Greenwich Village, New York. I was able to join their IT website design team which creates visually appealing website layouts, social media context and looks for other retail sites such as Retell to post their brand and create a visible online presence. While interning I fixed social media anomalous within the system by filtering a back search which exposes the hidden errors. I also would reach out to vendors to sponsor seasonal pop up events hosted within their brick and mortar location.   

I was also mentored by companies like Viacom who are pioneers for MTV, Nickelodeon, BET etc; in which I would meet creativity directors on weekly bases. The creative mentors would instruct me on how to create vision boards, give a business pitch, and were our sponsors for a national business competition which the FLY NY team I was a part of placed 3rd in. Given the opportunity I will be able to hone in my skills I have acquired through schools, internships and creative directors to express new ideas and provide my innovation insight.

Sincerely,

L.P