Academic Sample

Lortegabravo_postcard & lortegabravoRFP for Postcard

In the RFP Project, we were supposed to design and create an invitation for an E-Portfolio event. In this project I learn that there are many decisions to make before and after printing the piece. That is why we learned how to create and make an RFP. Both the RFP and the Invitation postcard are on top.

Lortega Xerox Oral Report & lortega Xerox Oral Presentation

We had to do an Oral report on one related businesses in our industry and it had to answer these questions.

1. What is the company’s primary business?
2. Where is the company headquartered?
3. What is the size of the company and its revenue from the previous year?
4. When was the company founded and what are key events in its history?
5. What are the company’s leading products to the print market? and provide an overview of them.
6. What companies are currently their customers?
7. Who are the company’s primary competitors?
8. What has been the print market’s reaction to recent product offerings/announcements by the company?
9. Information from Reviews & Analysis, both positive and negative of the company’s recent product and offerings.

For my oral report I choose Xerox. I selected this company because they provided new and innovate techniques and technology to our industry. The Xerox company specializes in making, and selling document systems and services for business. The company distributes a range of color, and black and white multifunction devices; and printers, copier fax products, and document related software solutions. The corporation also offers technology information. I know choosing Xerox will teach me the history of the beginning and future of Graphic Arts industry since I’m a current student in this field.

Lortega_SVA_field_trip

In this trip we went to School Of Visual Arts located 133/141 West 21 Street New York, NY 10011, to see exhibition call ”here is new York Revisited,”. In this exhibition, it showed photos of during and after 9/11. Also we went to SVA honor the 10th anniversary of 9/11. In the trip we learned how to analyze the photos and understand the idea and reason for these pictures. For this assignment was to select three different photos from the gallery and explain what you see and feel.

Lortega Muse and WordPress

In Muse and WordPress assignment, we were supposed to decides between Muse From Adobe and WordPress for our E-Portfolio Website. I found WordPress is more like creating your own blog. And I found Muse to be closely related to Indesign. You can read more in the link above.