“The Dead” Create Blog Post (Group 3)

“It is sad but true, that the new generation is over thinking and coming up with ideas that make the old way of living obsolete. This is serious because this new way of thinking will make that generation not have a good quality and it will somehow make it harder from them to function in some way. When I was listening to those great singers of the past I could tell that we were living in a less spacious age. Those days where without a doubt, very spacious and to think that it’s just going to get worse makes me depressed. That is why we must still cherish those who are “dead”, those who have wandered off the road and created a new path for themselves and hope that we can forgive them and treat them fairly or the same. To not ridicule and make fun of them based off of jumping to conclusions; fore it is this endless cycle that just makes things worse. The reason why is because the new generations are the ones who frame the world, generations change and if we can’t take responsibility for our mistakes, generations will suffer. We must not let them suffer more by willingly letting them be forgotten. We must not let our clouded judgement make decisions for us.” – Mr. Browne.

The way this monolog offers insight into Mr. Browne’s character is that it reveals that he is very brave for agreeing with Gabriel’s announcement because it seemed to me that Mr. Browne was the only one to acknowledge Gabriel’s speech by loudly saying “hear, hear” in the middle of it when no one else did. Mr. Browne is smart because it seems like he is the only one that made sense to what Gabriel was saying at the exact moment.

One thought on ““The Dead” Create Blog Post (Group 3)

1. Chandrica Siewsankar

I don’t think that was the case, that Mr. Browne was the only one that was smart enough to understand Gabriel’s speech. Although there were some characters, like one of the Aunts, who didn’t fully understood Gabriel’s speech there were others who stood it as well. Mr. Browne’s character seemed a bit more out outgoing and spoken which is why I think he is the only one to say “hear, hear”.