At the Mountains of Madness, Blog group 3 clue

One of my guiding questions for this story is; is there parallel symbolism between the island of Dr. Morea and Antarctica? I have found early in the story that the setting of The Mountains of Madness can have a connection to The Island of Dr. Morea. The reason why is because both of these stories create a sense of the fantastic, which makes the reader hesitate between what’s real. Antarctica is a region that is the least explored place in the world because of its conditions, whereas the island in the book The Island of Dr. Morea, by H.G Wells, where the beasts are created, creates the same feeling. For example, in the story The Mountains of Madness, by H.P Lovecraft, a snapshot I have found is on page 100 and it say’s, “But to give it a name at this stage was mere folly. It looked like a radiate, but was clearly something more. It was partly vegetable, but had three-fourths of the essentials of animal structure.” The way this offers a clue to my guiding question is that, it proves that the island in The Island of Dr. Morea can represent Antarctica because of how strange and mysterious it really is.