Create; the dog-man

Dear Master Prendick:

I’m a faithful to you master ever since we met at the beach. I’m more than faithful, I’m your slave. I will take care of you while you sleep and I will watch your back from the horrible hyena- swine. Although most of my race are angry and are fools for believing that our master is dead. They believe that having a master is pain and torture, but not for me master. Having you as a master and having a Law is a blessing. You are a powerful master you can do anything you want. If you want to kill them all you can, because you are our master.
With love from the dog-man

While reading these chapters the question of why is the dog-man so faithful was brought to my attention. I believe the importance of the dog is how prendick wasn’t meant to be alone even from the beginning of the story. After dr Moreau and Montgomery die, he still have his faithful dog-man. In addition the reason this dog is so faithful is probably because based on reality dog the most faithful animal to men. Although the island had its beautiful view and a dog next to prendick it was like reality yet turning to the dark side of the dog still not being a regular dog and having the creature hyena swine hunting him.