Journal Entry 7 Role Model

In all my time here I’ve really come to understand the value of role models and how they play a very important part in the development of young professionals. At Women’ s Press Collective I’ve found my sense of a role model in Lisa Daniels, the head coordinator of Women’s Press Collective. When I was first hired I asked her what gained her interest in pursing the field of journalism and News Press. She explained to me how during her up bringing she was exposed to the many injustices that people in poverty suffered and dedicated her life to addressing these issues by any means possible. What impressed me most is that she learned to work the large printing machines used for our monthly publications. She was also humble and sincere in her view points. Another great quality she displayed, was her ability to get everyone highly motivated for our next project it really brought up the whole moral of the work place. I learned also the value of organizing and laying out early principles to effectively create plans and events to bring awareness while being involved with the local communities. Being not only a great role model to me but as well as to the borough of Brooklyn, and by giving it a voice with her monthly publications.