Reflection

During the process of creating my demo reel I had to learn various new techniques and problem solving. The issues I ran into while creating this demo reel help me realize just how grand the 3D industry is and the multiple applications for that skill. I learned a lot about the important of being able to optimize your designs, modeling, animating, lighting, particle systems, composition, etc. With these new skills and knowledge, I want to take these and continue to develop my competency in 3D modeling and animating. This project has taught me a lot about what I need to do as someone who wants to enter the game industry as a 3D modeler.

I want to create more smaller projects outside of environments and create a demo out of those. Because of the amount of content and uses for 3D modeling within the game industry, I want to explore as much as possible. Understanding what it takes to create an environment is different then understanding how to create a character, or animating objects. Because of the different uses for this skill, for the future I want to develop my fundamentals and improve in multiple areas of 3D modeling and development.