The pieces from the Nassau Museum of Art’s Virtual Exhibit “Blue” that caught my attention was the “Blue Nude” in the gallery one by Henri Matisse, the second artwork in the gallery two by Cristopher Winter “The Huxley Guide to Switzerland” and  in the gallery third the artwork by Yves klein “Venus”.

“Blue Nude” 

(Henri Matisse. Blue Nude II. 1952)

The first artwork by Henri Matisse “ Blue Nudes” caught my attention because at first glance you can see a woman apparently sitting with her right arm over her head and also because it illustrates how provocative a simple design can be. I find this work very interesting because of the intensity of the color and the simplicity that makes me wonder if this work was inspired or just something that came to the mind of the painter. The size of the piece is 116.2 cm × 88.9 cm (45.7 in × 35 in) and the medium is Gouache-painted paper cut-outs stuck to paper mounted on canvas.

“The huxley guide to switzerland” 

(Christopher Winter Huxley’s Guide to Switzerland 2011)

The second artwork is by Chritopher Winter this piece caught my attention and it seems dynamic to me because of the variety of the blue color it reflects, in addition to how the mountains play an important role as a background. I find it interesting because the two characters appear as if they were floating in a crystal lake. The size of the piece is 35.5 x 27.5 cm made with acrylic on canvas.

“Blue Venus” 

(Yves Klein “Blue Venus” ca. 1961)

This piece “Venus” by Yves Klein the dimension is  27 1/2 x 11 3/4 x 9 1/4 in and medium of Painted plaster. Although this piece is only a blue body, it is the art of reflecting how a woman’s body is without stereotypes to have an ideal body and I think that because it is a natural body and it is beautiful in any case.