- Who is the designer who created the logo?
- Steve Jon and Wayne
- Develop your research, what else did the creator of this logo design?
- They create the Rainbow Apple and the Moncology color apple.
- What are the idea and creative process in the design?
The first Apple logo came from Isaac Newton Sitting under his legendary apple tree. To give a like touched to it Job and Way include a quote “Newton…a mind forever voyaging through strange seas of thought.” Allusions to the “forbidden fruit” in “The Garden of Eden,” and the idea of it being a required element of all that is good and wholesome. Janoff, the Apple logo designer, stated that the bite had been added so that people don’t confuse the fruit imagery with a cherry. Moreover, the word bite symbolizes byte as per computer technology.
- What typeface is used in the logo and what it expresses?
Apple used Gill Sans for the model name on the computer, on the keyboard and in advertisement materials in 1992.
In 2003, Apple slowly started using Myriad font family in its marketing and packaging. As new revisions of its products were released, the text changed from the serif Apple Garamond to the sans-serif Myriad Apple.
Apple’s official font became “San Francisco” after the release of the Apple Watch, Apple has begun the usage of San Francisco as the typeface of word marks such as “iPhone”, “AirPods”, and “MacBook Pro” on the devices themselves. This change is also reflected in some headlines on product marketing webpages. Apple modified the majority of its website’s text to use the “San Francisco” font on January 24, 2017
- What are the colors and the reasons for their selection?
- They want to look for a modeler look and simplicity.
- How the logo has changed through the years, explain its evolution.
Apple’s first logo launched as Issac Newton with the famous legendary under the Apple tree.
Later on, they changed to the logo to a Rainbow scheme with still honored Issac Newton.
1998- The monochrome logo was created in 1998 and continues to be in use until today. Steve Jobs went away from the colorful stripes was that printing costs had escalated at the time when Apple was in financial trouble.
Apple was finding it harder to stand in competition with Microsoft and wanted to cut the costs. Furthermore, placing the colorful logo on Bondi Blue iMac would have looked out of place and silly. Once the new streamlined computer was created more recently, they removed the rainbow logo to fit with the more modern look.
- Where can we see the logo on the products and advertising campaigns and how is it placed and sized? Include photos with examples.
- The logo is on the product itself and on the small corner of every ads.
- Has the brand had an important role in popular culture? Is it associated with other brands, celebrities, seeing in movies, videos?
- Did the design/brand influence and inspired other logos since its creation?
Apple Logo has influenced other companies minimalist with their logos. Other big companies like Google, Microsoft, and Intel followed Apple’s footsteps to go simple and plain with their logos.