04 – Balancing multiple projects

Every week feels like it’s flying by! I was introduced to a different project called the Presence Campaign. Have you heard of Presence? It is a platform that was introduced about a semester or so ago. Its purpose is to provide students with up-to-date information on events done by SLD. It’s also a go-to place to find more information on active clubs and the ability to either contact or join them. I was excited because I got to be involved in the color palette and theme choices. It was a wonderful experience because not often do you get to be part of the origins of a project.

Color Palette for the Presence Campaign

For this project, I was involved in creating Instagram posts to promote the platform (have you seen them on SLD’s Instagram!), and a banner that would be used as a header on the website. Another exciting thing was that after the Instagram posts got approved, I was able to use my after-effects skills to have them animate! In the after-effects program, I used keyframes for position, opacity, and scaling to animate different elements within the graphics chosen. Below are some of the results.

At the same time, I was juggling a project for another event that was coming up. It can get overwhelming sometimes but being able to manage time and stay organized is very helpful. I keep a monthly planner on me to notate any class assignments that are due and I also use it to notate any upcoming internship/work deadlines. To keep organized, I create folders for each project I get assigned to. In my case, I use a portable hard drive and I also save backups to Adobe’s Creative Cloud. Because my internship is hybrid, when I am in person, I work off my laptop, which I also use to take notes during meetings, but just in case, I also carry a small journal. There are also some useful apps available that can be used on devices. The notion app is one I am currently testing out.