About Me

After many years of contributing to corporate America, I found myself searching for something more fulfilling.  As a child, and even as an adult, I was drawn to science and the medical field.  There is something very intriguing about knowing how the human body works.  Flash forward to me researching a new career in the healthcare, and narrowing it down to two choices, Dental hygiene or Radiology.  It became apparent the more I read about both professions, that becoming a dental hygienist would enable me to build stronger patient relationships, than if I chose the radiology path.  With that, the decision was made and I decided to move forward and pursue dental hygiene.

I remember that after treating my first patient in the clinic, it felt so much more rewarding than any other task accomplished in the corporate office environment.  I’ve always been someone who likes to see the results of my work immediately, and in this profession, the work speaks for itself.  Whether it’s the removal of calculus, reduction of probing depths, or lessening of gingival inflammation, it is satisfying to know that these improvements are a result of my work.  Most importantly, knowing that I helped someone care for themselves a little more and be more confident is the biggest reward.  When they leave the clinic, when treatment has concluded, they are leaving healthier and more knowledgeable about their oral health.  I believe that my acquired skills in dental hygiene, and being bilingual, will help me educate and treat more people in the community.  Dental hygiene has become my passion, and I can’t wait to start working in a clinic and providing a service that puts a healthy smile on people’s faces, as well as mine!