3. The Culture of My Workplace

NTD TV is a formal and organized television company. The working hours for full-time employees just like most companies do, eight hours a day, and working five to six days a week. Start working at 10 o’clock on time and get off work at 6 o’clock in the evening. The lunchtime is included in the working hours, every day we have one hour break to get a lunch outside or at the cafeteria in the building. The typical employee workstations are offices and open work areas. Our department, NTD Taste Life has a divided individual office that fits six people. Due to the busy food video shooting schedule, the working hours for our department is not fixed. Sometimes for taking beautiful shots and angles for the footages, the photographers take longer time in the shooting studio, overtime to complete the task with higher quality. If the shooting stage is understaffed, editors including me will also be called to help. These are all the valuable lessons and good opportunities for me to learn more shooting skills of the studio shooting.