Visual Quote Design

April 30,2020

I wanted to do a simple design with the first part of my visual design. I searched around the internet looking for quotes until I landed on this one. It was a zen quote. Zen being a mixture of Indian Mahayana Buddhism and Taoism. Its practice originated in China but then spread to Korea and Japan. The circle in this piece is called an ensō. It is a hand drawn circle that represents freedom of the mind and creativity in a single brush stroke. Though I chose this quote a couple of months ago, I think it has some relevance to the crisis going on now.  In being that all we can do in this troubling time is focusing on living and staying safe.

April 30, 2020

The second part of my visual design quote is more perspective like. In the middle is the full quote colored red, while surrounding the words say “live” colored black. This piece acts more of a contrast to the first quote design. Instead of an empty circle the design has more going on in the center. It guides you’re eyes to center, focusing on the quote.