Journal #2

I learned in the group=led discussion about how flowcharts can be used to show a summary of a story, whether it be long or short. Flowcharts show the main points of  a story that would drag people into reading or watching the story. The main points included in the flowchart are vague, but vague enough to make the summary interesting. Learning about flowcharts and storytelling will really help me in making a story for the game I will make in my CST class in the future.

I learned a little bit about Alice in Wonderland from reading some parts of the story and by making a flowchart about the story. I charted the main events and main people that made the story interesting. In class, my group shared to other groups what we learned about the story and together, we made the flowchart better.

Flowcharts are really helpful when I am trying to make a summary of the main events of a story. I also believe that the main concept of a flowchart is to help storytellers determine what they will write in their story and if they will need to revise anything in their story. Overall, a flowchart for a story is just a summary which show the main events and characters of the story.