- H:W2 GettingStarted pages 1-3 Individual
- DUE: Wed, 9/6
H/W3: Group idea (p1-3 of Designer’s Workbook))
Identify Target audience
In lab notebook (blank paper), produce wireframe sketch each function (one sketch per group member).
Design Constraint: Screen-based
- H/W4 (GROUP) MTEC1101_IdeationScenarioSheet DUE: 9/13/17
- H/W4 (GROUP) MTEC1101_HorizontalVerticql DUE: 9/13/17
- H/W4 (Individual)s SIX-celled, Interaction Storyboard (Individual) DUE: 9/13/17
A Choice of forms are available. Each group member must complete one Interaction Storyboard independently: MTEC_VerticalPrototype_FunctionMTEC1101_InteractionStoryboard_Mobile
- Students will review peer feedback making modifications accordingly. Using the User Interface elements provided, students will create a Mockup of ONE screen from their Interaction Storyboard Wireframes.
DUE: Mon, 9/18/2017 End of class
- Students will upgrade Homework 4 into a paper prototype consisting of mockups sketches. This is an individual homework assignment. Each prototype will consist of six sequential mockups that demonstrate the chosen functionality self-assigned from the overall group concept. Students should come to class with materials prepared for peer feedback activity.
DUE: Mon, 9/25/2017 Beginning of class
- Students will upgrade H/W6 into an Interaction Storyboard with six MockUps
DUE: Wed, 9/27/2017 Beginning of class
Screen-based Project binder contents
- Concept Prototype: Wireframe Sketch of one Function (please indicate if posted in OpenLab as a scan)
- Ideation Scenario Sheet (has peer feedback)
- Interaction Storyboard: Wireframe Sketches (One per group member)
- Paper Prototype (One per group member)
- Usability Test form (has peer feedback)
DUE: Wed Oct 4th
Asset Creation for Computation project. Submitted to GitHub
DUE: Wed, Oct 11th
Each student will incorporate their image and audio assets into the working prototype.
Objective: Achieve functional prototype with original image assets.
DUE: Mon, Oct 16th
Each student will complete a Flowchart of their Computation Project.
Mon, Oct 23rd, 2017
Each student will complete a Component Diagram of their Computation Project using Fritzing. Students will create a Breadboard Schematic.
DUE: Mon, Oct 23rd, 2017
DUE: Mon, Nov. 13th, 2017
Version one of the Button Cap for computation projects. (contact/email professor for details)
Version two of the Button Cap for computation projects. (contact/email professor for details).
DUE: Wed, Nov. 15th, 2017
HW15DUE: Mon, Nov. 20th, 2017
Each student will produce four deliverables for this homework. Submit all deliverables as .pdf to OpenLab. Drawings by hand should be completed as .pdf and hardcopy to your professor.
1) V1 Button Cap, Dimensioned drawing, Onshape export, .pdf OpenLab submission
2) V2 Button Cap, Dimensioned drawing, Onshape export, .pdf OpenLab submission
3) V1 Button Cap, Dimensioned drawing, Hand drawn and scanned, .pdf OpenLab submission
4) V2 Button Cap, Dimensioned drawing, Hand drawn and scanned, .pdf OpenLab submission
Students will produce and second and final iteration of their hand drawn technical drawings. Scan drawings and post to OpenLab. Submit hand drawings to class.
DUE: Mon, Nov 27th 2017
- Students will read and review a project from Adafruit.com and create a flowchart based on the interactive project.
Students may use LucidChart to produce the flowchart and will submit it Openlab.
- Arduboy Game Controller Hack (page) (.pdf)
- Circuit Playground Sound-Controlled Robot (page) (.pdf)
- Overwatch Prop Gun: Lucio’s Blaster Pt. 1(page)(pdf)
- DUE: Mon, Nov 27th 2017
Final Project Submission
Students will submit their projects via OpenLab as a post