Individual Strengths

Many nurses might have difficulties to discover own potential, especially new nurses at the beginning of career. Nurse must first discover one’s limitations and be aware of own strength and weakness. However, such knowledge and skills do not come overnight and do not have express track. It requires years of learning, gaining experience, trying new things, making mistakes and learn from own failures before leader be able to realize his potential. I remember how lost I was after finish nursing school and just started my professional life. Knowing anything and scary everything like many other my nursing colleagues have no idea what I can do and what I cannot and path for my career I want to follow. Like many others I had my trials and errors before realized what kind of nursing niche I want to choose. After more than four years of my professional journey and with the goal one day become CRNA and work in critical care I can say I did discover my potential. Mentorship was important part to help me reach necessary knowledge and skills. Transformational leader is not only providing role model but also guide others to reach their potential. Find right mentor probably most important task for any nurse. Future more, mentor ship is continuing process even experience nurse with great expertise in own field can ask for advice. Nurses are humans, we are not walking encyclopedia. It is appropriate to accept fact that we do not competent in something and be willing to ask for advice. However, what is not acceptable is to stop learning and left own potential neglected and undiscovered. True leader takes a challenge every day, learn, stay curious and grow own potential.