Align on [latexpage]!

Hi everyone! Back when I was beginning to work on the MAT 1575 course hub (after most of you had already finished your course hubs!) I asked about whether we could line up equal signs on latexpages on the OpenLab.

At the time it seemed like the answer was no, but I just determined that IT IS VERY ANNOYING BUT YES WE CAN!!!

The align environment works, but when I tried it in the block editor, it spit out garbage. When I tried it in the classic editor, it also spit out garbage. But then when I opened it in the text editor and took out all the extra code that the other editors automatically added, it worked!

I’m about 95% sold on the block editor now, so I’d like to find a more convenient workaround, but for now I’m just happy I can align. I still have a few more lessons to write for the MAT 1575 hub and I expect I’ll have to make corrections/updates to the existing lessons, so I plan to implement this where I need to moving forward. I’m happy I can use it on my own OpenLab sites and thought y’all might like to know too!

(I wanted to show off my code here to impress you, but I don’t think the QuickLaTeX widget is installed and I don’t have permission to install it, so please indulge me…I’ll attach screenshots.)

LaTeX in text editor

Compiled LaTeX