Difficulty Paper

The Declaration Of Independence was a letter written to the king of Britain pleading independence, signed by 56 men  including Thomas Jefferson. As I read the draft of this letter the main thing I noticed was the words, paragraphs and sentences crossed out. Although they were crossed out it showed their true emotions and how they felt towards what they were pleading about. For example, “He has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating its most sacred rights of life and liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating and carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither. This piratical warfare, the opprobrium of INFIDEL powers, is the warfare of the CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain. Determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought and sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce. And that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished die,[4] he is now exciting those very people to rise in arms among us, and to purchase that liberty of which he has deprived them, by murdering the people on whom he also obtruded them: thus paying off former crimes committed against the LIBERTIES of one people, with crimes which he urges them to commit against the LIVES of another.” This paragraph was crossed out in the draft it kept rambling about what the king was doing giving specific examples on what he was doing and how it was wrong. As you can see the emotion put into this writing saying how they truly felt about the kings action and not just an overview of the problem. My opinion of this whole draft is that they let emotion  take over and let their thoughts just flow as they wrote this. Which is how writing a draft works. Therefore this showed me how strongly they felt while writing The Declaration. These people put their all into the country we are in that is free thanks to them. It is sad that we barley acknowledge them like they acknowledged us when risking it all including their lives to make this country free and FAIR. After reading this it made me want to believe in something as much as they did. It made me want to change or do something in my society even at home no matter what it is. I want it to be something I believe in just like in The Declaration Of Independence.