Flower Road and SOAPSTONE

In the article “Sejeong’s Flower Path is a Much-Needed Healing Song This Season”, Qing wrote “In the present, a grown-up Sejeong goes about her routine alone, dressing and tying her shoelaces by herself, taking her own height (and cheating by tiptoeing), making her own toast. These scenes are processed to emphasize cool colors in comparison to the warmer sepia tones of the scenes of the past. These points of contrast bring out a lingering sense of loneliness that comes with growing up and gaining independence.” In other words, in the music video, the screen was split into two parallels comparing Sejeong (the singer) when she was a child and as grown up. As an audience, you could see how the music video showed Sejeong having her mother do all these things for her but now that she’s growing up she becomes more independent but feels lonely at the same time which is what the warmer colors represent. The scenes from the music video made me sad but touched at the same time because it perfectly described my current situation. Sejeong was raised by her mother alone and the song represented how she only wants good things for her mom and promise to let her only walk on “flower paths”. The song talks about regret and hopefulness which is how I feel towards my mom because she sacrificed so much for me that I hope in the future I will be the one protecting her and walking on the crooked and broken roads for her.

This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.