Mentor paper

The mentor text that I chose to use for my first revision is called “A students struggle with depression, college is act as counselors.”. Written by Brad Wolverton of the New York Times. I selected this article for various reasons, first being it hits an incredibly sensitive but truthful topic for me, as well as I found that it was overall written very well. Wolverton’s organization throughout was relatively easy to follow along with, he wasn’t wordy and easily kept to a specific person or topic with ease. Wolverton’s straight to the point through the writing process represents a style that I would enjoy to imitate. This article was composed of college students and the stress they endure daily plus how universities are trying to adapt to the increasing need for help. Wolverton writes in a way that an audience of any age and area in life generated and still get something out of it. I believe that both Wolverton and Ghattos articles can help support my opinion that schools can do a youthful person’s mind more harm nowadays than good. Wolverton’s article discusses how schooling primarily college can affect an individual in many negative ways also how universities are trying to utilize counselors to support students and teach them to maintain their emotions. Wolverton introduces his article off with an example of a student who emailed his teacher stating that he needed a break because he was experiencing a mental breakdown, I feel using this first is a great draw into an article while offering you just a great idea of how it’s going to go. I genuinely would like my article to mimic some of these points and that leaves the reader why confused then they started.