Learned

When I researched “bacchanal” I found out that the word is Latin. I thought that it originated in England or something. Bacchanal is linked to Bacchus; the Roman god of wine. I kinda figured that this was the origin because when I searched up the definition it said that a bacchanal was a wild and drunken party. What I didn’t know was that it was known heavily to be a sexual party or orgy. I had no idea that it was linked to this. Trinis use bacchanal so loosely and we don’t even mean anything sexual by it. We are either talking about drama or a party. If it’s a party it’s definitely not sexual. Sometimes it doesn’t even involve alcohol. I also found out that while Trinidad was under British rule they must have brought the word with them. Trinidad has so much slang from so many different languages that it should be considered as it’s own language. I thought that it was just an accent before, but it is way more than that.