Unit 1 Essay ”Schools Education”

active 1 year, 4 months ago
Unit 1 Essay "Schools Education"
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences, Other
Liberal Arts & Sciences
Category
College
Project Description

School has become one of the most frustrating things for me. I used to think the opposite until I learned slowly that the education system has fallen apart. It all starts with school. People such as the elderly and parents all love talking about how great school is yet no one from the youth can agree. The older generation always brings up excuses as being our problems. “Oh when I was your age, I used to walk many miles just to get to the school.” Truth is I DON’T CARE! We live in a new society where technology is the center of our world. We need this “gadget that’s addictive,” to live. The problems faced by students attempting to learn is a crisis that is causing future generations to choose another way to get through life than school.

It all starts with Youtube. This was about 2017 during the winter time. School was an average experience. I was about 13 years old and going through my puberty stage. I was always a rebellious child and loved making people angry. I used to go to school from 8:40 AM to around 2:40 PM. This is how life went on for months and I hated every moment of it. I loved elementary school. I felt like a kid and not absorbed by the school system. Middle school changed my entire views on school. My teachers in elementary school would always say “You’re going to have so much fun.” They all lied to my face. I hated the fact that school was just a repeat and cycle of everything I already learned. I always “Learned,” the same same thing but in a different context of the story. This happened so often in the school systems that people I know from different schools experienced the same thing. The most common subject we learned was history. The cycle went. Revolutionary war, Civil War, World War 1, World War 2. I just wish they taught at least something that I didn’t know. They all had the same information that I learned in the 4th grade

One day after school had just ended I walked home and that’s when it finally hit me, “Why do they teach the same thing over and over again?” I lived a block away from the middle school I went to. When I got home I of course greeted my mom and sister since they were the only ones I saw at home until midnight. When I got home. I’m usually the lazy child, going on my phone, and leaving my bag on the floor. The first app I clicked on was YouTube. This was all I had since Tik Tok wasn’t in the picture at this time. There was a specific video on my for you page called “I SUED THE SCHOOL SYSTEM,” by Prince Ea. This video was by far one of the best I have ever watched. The video represents the main character who is playing a lawyer who is presenting his case. He’s referred to as Prince The opposition side of the role play is the leaders of the school system. The school system. Ironically the side of the school system was all white men. Even in the stand near, the school leaders were all old white people cheering the leaders on.

The video proceeds with the lawyer who is against the school system talking about his experience with the school. His point of view on schools is how demolishing the system is to the child’s brain. It shows and tells a child to think a certain way. Look a certain way. Live a certain way. To even respond a certain way. Prince gives many examples of how many faults the school gives. The first example is how with over 100 years of learning nothing has changed in the way the classes have been set up in schools. After this observation Prince also made a point about how students all have to raise their hands to speak. To raise their hand to express a point yet they can’t express how and what they’re thinking. This is a majority of what

Prince shows this in his video. A beautiful point prince made during his stand is when he said “One size fits all crap,” this is to refer to and symbolizes how students can’t think their thoughts without the teachings of the school imprisoning them in their heads.

A day later I walked into school and showed my first-period teacher the video. To my surprise, he agreed with everything Prince said in the video. My teacher never wanted to teach in the way he does yet the leaders of the education system forced him to teach in the way he does. This is to show how our school system and education failed as a whole.

Project Contact

Acknowledgements

This project was created by: waheeb

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.