SPRING 2021 ENG 1141-OL07: Introduction to Creative Writing

active 38 minutes ago
This Course Profile is OPEN, but the Course Site is PRIVATE.
English
ENG1141

This introductory course in creative writing includes exercises to identify and engage your creative voice, discussions of craft and technique, readings aimed to build critical reading and workshopping skills, and discussion of language and style.

Participation Activity, Session 7: First Try at a Sestina

Sobia I totally feel you, attending classes online is not easy and fun. I miss interacting with people. Now since everything is online it is hard to meet new people and be in a college environment. See MoreParticipation Activity, Session 7: First Try at a Sestina

Session 5, Participation Activity: Talking Back to Poetry

The spoken word that I chose to write on is (UN)Learning My Name by Mohamed Hassan. The reason I chose this spoken word is because people struggle with pronouncing my name as well and a line that Mohamed said in his spoken word that hit […] See MoreSession 5, Participation Activity: Talking Back to Poetry

The Implacable I

Saaman, You posted this after our last synchronous session, which is after this was due. Please make sure to post on time this week. The deadlines are for attendance and also to make sure you've read the materials for our synchronous […] See MoreThe Implacable I