Saadman Saber’s ePortfolio

Saadman Saber's ePortfolio
This ePortfolio Profile is OPEN, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the ePortfolio Site.
Communication Design
Portfolio Description

Hi, my name is Saadman Saber. I’m currently in my fifth year and in the process of completing my bachelors in communication design. Since I was very young, I’ve been very artsy in various mediums. Give me a pencil and somewhere to draw on and I’d be drawing people, clothes, mountains, the sun in the corner of the paper with 4 lines that were supposed to represent sun rays, etc. These constant little doodles led to a habit and that habit sort of identified as a hidden talent of some sort as time passed. When I was in high school, I took a graphic design course as an elective. Being oblivious to what exactly it was, I just knew it had something to do with art. I loved that class and sprinted through the semester with ease. With every project, my teacher would use me as an example for my work and that heavily encouraged me to pursue graphic design as a career. At the time, I had no idea what I wanted to do. But receiving the encouragement that I did from my friends and teacher, I decided to delve in!

Coming from a culture with impenetrable traditions, strict societal constrictions, and narrow mindsets, I didn’t think I would be stepping into a creative field as easily as I did. Although they appreciated my work in many creative aspects, it wouldn’t be something they would encourage for a career. However, they never heavily interfered with my choice. Considering how abstract my mind is, none of those career options would ever be a good idea. As I was still exploring the field and many mediums of applying my creativity, I realized getting a bachelor’s in graphic design was going to be a tool I was going to use for many other goals. Primarily, I would love to merge my graphic design/ fine arts skills into fashion. I enjoy using photoshop and illustrator and hope to refine my skills as I’m on my college journey.

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: Saadman1997